Friday, April 24, 2009

march quotes

"i'm a little concerned" -march 1, walking around the park

"mom, you're my life. and i like you." -march 2

thomas: "how far away are the clouds? can we touch the clouds?"
sp: "no. only God does." (as if to say: "duh!") -march 1

(playing princess castle)
me: "and how are your rabbits doing?"
sp: "good, they're sleeping in their cage."
me: "and how are your horses and your ponies?"
sp: "good, and they're all standing up, but i have to calm them down." -march 6

(working with dough for bread)
sp: "the dough is frustrating me."
me: "well what do you do if something frustrates you?"
sp: "um...lick it!" -march 8

"mom--i made a basket! and we have to keep it safe. and i don't want the alligators to eat it. and it's going far far away so the alligators are no seen to be where!" -march 11
(haha--her noble efforts to incorporate language she's heard in books.
also, she was playing "baby moses," at the time. she is obsessed with baby moses.)

me: "oh no! what are you gonna do without your toe?"
sp: "i have four ones." -march 20 (check those subtraction skills!)

(wanting to go outside and splash in puddles)
me: "i don't want you outside by yourself."
sp: "it's God in his boots splashing in puddles. God is with me out there!" -march 21

playing with alphabet blocks:
"J is for rabbit, N is for bird, I is for penguin!" -march 22

(i have so far stayed far far away from alphabet-learning and alphabet recognition with sparrow, as i want her artistic side to be as fully developed as possible without the box-brain, as i call it, that is often forced too early, pushing out the free-thinking artistic brain that is so natural in children under five. i have no doubt she will learn to read with great speed when the time is right!)

"can i be Mary in your wrap that Golden lives in?" -march 22
(another common theme: playing "mary," and you always have to be wearing a cloth over your head, of course!)

"i love my normalest normalest baby." -march 23

me: "chocolate is not food in that sense. it's a treat."
sp: "mom--are you gonna give me one at that sense?" -march 23

(more chocolate discussion)
sp: "can i hold one?"
me: "what do you think is gonna happen if i give you one?"
(silence)
me: "well, it will either melt, or..."
sp: "it's gonna melt or be in my tummy." -march 23

me: "goldie doesn't live here anymore. she lives in oxnard with her family."
sp: "can we live in boxnard too?" -march 23

sparrow telling herself a story:
"...and all the elephants were dancing, and the one in the middle said, 'make sure you play ring around the rosie!'" -march 24

"are we gonna watch the cinnamons tonight, daddy?" (simpsons) -march 24

sp: "mom, mary was so sad and Jesus was so sad that he died on the cross. ...and the soldiers put a necklace on his head and it hurted Jesuses hair and forehead."
me: "yeah. did you learn that at sunday school?"
sp: "yeah, GodJesus was in the Bible and we were reading it at MOPS." -march 26

"my husband's chicken is just like your chicken!" -march 26

(singing)
"wine, wine, wine. the father's drinking wine!" -march 28

"we made a big tent! mom, would you like to enjoin us?" -march 29

No comments: