Friday, March 31, 2017

The Funnies, January, Feb, March 2017

The other day, Silas and Sparrow were arguing about something at the table. Silas had just delivered an angry/ dramatic line, when suddenly, Golden RAN in, saying loudly, "Annnnnnnnnnd CUT!" and turned the light off! It was so unexpected that we all BURST out laughing! (Jan.)

I was trying to get our 1/2 hour of German in right before dinner--but I was a bit stressed and was kind of ranting in German and I said something about "reingetan." (Put it in, in past tense.) Golden pipes up from the table and says, "sounds like orangutan." I forgot my scolding and laughed! -Jan. 13

Pippa, during German lessons, said in  "German" accent: "Fire--in--die--hole." --And then farted! (Jan.)

Sparrow: "Oh mom, this is so sad! It says that carbs turn into sugars in your body!" 
Me: "I know, isn't that sad?" 
Sparrow: "YES! Why couldn't God have made it so they turn into sugars in your MOUTH??!!???" -Jan. 23


Silver: "I wa be nekked moe wat now."
(I want to be a naked mole rat now. Aka please don't dress me.) -Jan. 23

That time Lady Gaga was about to descend on us all in her huge silver onesie, and my 2-y-o sweetly whispered to me, "I'm pooping right now;" thus obliterating my first taste of pop culture since last year's half time show. #motherhood #somebodyalwayspoops #ichoosemotherhood -Feb. 6

This morning Thomas was asking her about her baby brother. She smiled and said, "Yeah--the guy--hiding--in the mom's pants." -Feb. 8

Silver, whining about a diaper change. When I asked her why she didn't want her diaper changed, said without hesitation, "cause it's dangerous!" -Feb. 9

Silver wanted a graham cracker and she called it a "grandma cookie." Haha! -Feb. 9

Epic. Today I forgot how many children I have. I was in the Costco bathroom helping Pippa wash hands, and a lady commented on Pippa and the one in my belly. I said, "And my three others are right outside the door!" When I emerged, though, I noticed there were actually four others... -Feb. 17

"I'm so clozy." -Silver, Feb. 17 (she meant "cozy.") 

What do you do when your fave family of seven children comes to visit your five-children-family? Put a turkey in the oven and go to the Goodwill Outlet of course. Found mustard colored Nine West Purse. Check. Silver shoes for Silver. Check. Ya know what I'm saying? Just because we invested in people over things doesn't mean we don't also appreciate nice things. This man who kept staring at us and making comments said to me in the lobby while Veronicawas in the store, "You sure have a house full, eh?" "Yeah-- we have to cook a whole turkey every night to feed them." -Feb. 21

Text of the birthday card that Silas wrote to Thomas:
"I hope you have a good birthday, and have a very good time, and have fun, and spend time together, and other stuff, like happy stuff, like make crafts with each other and stuff." -Feb. 25


Silas, when he's talking about something that happened kind of a long time ago, says, "Pretty much days ago, ..." Hah! -all the time

Silas, looking at a huge dictionary: "Mom, someday when I'm able to read, like when I'm a teenager, I'll be able to read this book. Unless I fall asleep." -Feb. 27

Silas: "I can't sleep without Pippa." 
Me: "Really? Well it seems like you don't even like her that much during the day." 
Silas, pondering: "Well, in the morning, I'm really annoyed, and then later, I'm only sort of annoyed. And I'm mostly annoyed at the noise. But when she's quiet, I'm just--fine. ...And... When I feel... someone's warm feet on me, it just helps me to sleep better." -March 4


Pippa, to Silver, demonstrating with dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets: 
"These dinosaurs are on top of each other and they're mating and they're having babies. That's what happens, Silver." She was so instructive and patient in teaching her little sister the ways of the world. -March 5

Silver, this morning, was going to do my yoga with me. When the video came on, she said, "It's the yogurt!" (She pronounces is "yogut." -March 9

This morning at devotions, Thomas asked, "what is the opposite of understanding?"
Silas: "Overstanding." -March 9

Pippa, praying at dinner, "...And that Mama's water baby would come out..." -March 9

Pippa, during a game of dinosaurs to Golden: "Golden! Dinosaurs live in another STATE!"
Golden: "Actually, they're extinct." -March 9

Me, regarding Cecil (Catness) who was ill: "I wish I could tell him that we will take care of him. At least with sick humans, you can speak to them." 
Silas: "Yeah, we know what cat speak sounds like, but we can't understand it." 
Me: "Yeah, and he can't tell us what's wrong or what he ate." 
Silas: "But he can MIME it!" -March 10

I was washing dishes late in the kitchen, and Silver, having had a late nap, was still awake and hanging out with me. Siddenly she said, "Get--dat--corn--out my face!" -March 22

Silas lost a tooth and wrote a note to the tooth fairy:
"Dear Tooth Fairy, I hope you remember to put in my dollar and I hope you have a very nice day and a happy time. Love, Silas."
The next day, I said, "Did you get your dollar?"
Silas: "Yes."
Sparrow and Golden: "Silas, you should thank the tooth fairy."
Silas: "Thanks, Mom." -March 22

I was trying to get dressed in my room this morning, and Silver walked in and saw me fully pregnant without my shirt on. She takes one look at me and says, "Ew! Dat's GROSS." -March 23

Text: "How's the cat (Clementine) been behaving for you?" 
Sparrow: "This is Sparrow. The Clementine is good. She sits on my face at night." -March 23

Pippa keeps calling 101 Dalmatians "One hundred and Dalmatians." -March 23

Watching new baby brother nurse at the hospital, Silver says, "Mom, she's nursering." -March 31




No comments: