Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Silver's days

Fall 2017

Silver has been trained to hold hands in a parking lot. She is so good about it now, that she will stop still in the median or at the sidewalk and start shrieking and/ or crying, "I need someone to hold my hand!" The other week we were at Assateague Island and we stopped at a nearly deserted parking lot to see the beauty of the marshlands before dark. There was no movement in the parking lot at all. Silver, concerned, said, "I need someone to hold my hand! I don't wanna get DIED in the road!"

Last week she also called herself a baby "ginoceros." (rhymes with rhinoceros, soft g at the beginning.) Haha! That child!

11/26 we went to a Christmas tree lighting event and Silver went to sit on Santa's lap. I didn't even get to see her! I was in another line with someone else an asked Sparrow to take her down to see Santa, since it was one of the only other booths set up at the time, and hey--she might like it. None of my other kids ever wanted to sit on Santa's lap, but perhaps she was not yet corrupted by their cynicism. Sure enough, Sparrow went through the line with her and they went through all the way before I was done waiting in my line! All I got of the event later was a few pictures taken by Sparrow and Silver's comments about it. "I sat on Santa's lap. And he was a nice Santa. But on the TV there is a mad santa." Oh, but this one is nice? "Yah. He told me about the caterpillar mouse." You told him you wanted a caterpillar mouse for Christmas? "Yah."

No comments: