Sunday, January 22, 2023

The Funnies - Oct., Nov., Dec. 2017

Silver is 2, almost 3; Pippa is 5 1/2; Silas is 7, Golden is 9, Sparrow is 11

Me: "Maybe make a symbol for something that comes out in the evenings."
Golden: "A... gopher?" - Oct. 2


Golden: Can I have a raisin bagel?
Me: not for lunch. That was breakfast. You have to eat something else.
Golden: Like what?
Me: Pasta. ...Oh wait...
Sigh. When all the foods are made out of white flour! -Oct. 2

Silver: "Mommy, you and I are hanging out of here." -Oct. 3

Every morning, Blaise wakes up around 5 AM and thinks it's fun to blow loud raspberries. Mom = zombie. -Oct. 7 

"You know what I like, Mama? I like the kissings." -Silver, Oct. 9

Silver, playing with her hands, making them "kiss" each other, & talking to herself in a high pitched voice: "No! Look away! They're kissing! Don't look!" -Oct. 19

Me: Aw, dangit, now you have cashew butter all up in your hair.
Silver: Yeah, but yesterday Daddy washed the STINKY out of my hair.
Me: You mean the STICKY?
Silver: YEAH! 
-Oct. 21

Silver: "When I grow up, I'm gonna be a moji." -Oct. 21

Silver called hedgehogs "Poky-pawns" today. -Oct. 24

When your nursing pad falls on the mat in the middle of group exercise... just laugh at yourself and be thankful. You are prob the only person in there nursing their 6th child. ðŸ˜‚-Oct. 13




Pippa: "Mom! Silas called me a fat and greasy citizen!"
Me: "Silas! Don't use Shakespeare to insult your siblings!"
Silas: --Sigh-- "Okay." -Oct. 24

Evidently, I can now make the bed while holding a baby in one arm. As my friend V always says, "Mom level: PRO!" -Oct. 28

(Discussing Robert Frost's poem "Mending Wall" with Sparrow, age 11) she says, "They were building a wall, and it seemed like there was really no reason to build a wall, like cows."
Me: :Yeah. So why do you think did the neighbor want a fence there?"
Sparrow: "Because he was an introvert." -Oct. 30

Silver: "How many birds are shrieking?" -Nov. 3

Silver, jumping about my bed: "I can do that, mom. And it's really cool." (willy cooah) -Nov. 3

Silver took the paper wrapper off a straw, and said, "Aaaah! I'm cold!" --as the straw, of course. -Nov. 7

The problem of how to fit into your own life while also breaking its limitations occupies most of my philosophical musings. -Nov. 11

Silver sang songs to me tonight, about our farting cats.
Me: What? The cats are farting?
Silver: Yeah! I like farting! 
-Nov. 7

Blaise fell off our bed and landed in a trash can right side up. -Nov. 15

Daddy had just scooted Silver over cause she was sleeping in his spot in the morning, and she blinked open her eyes and said, "Mama, there was a GUY. And he was throwing the pajamas in the sink." -Nov. 15

Watching a movie that was about 80's video games, Silver says, "They're from the A.D.'s!" -Nov. 17

Silver, singing: "Frosty the snowman was a very-very-old..." -Nov. 18

Me: Do you have some socks you can put on?
Silver: Yeah. I'm just really really busy.
-Nov. 18

Silver had just gotten a splinter out of her foot, when she discovered another one in the other foot. 
Me: Oh no, how old is that one?
Silver: Sixteen, I think.
-Nov. 20

Me: Tell me about the party, Silver!
Silver: Um, there was cooies, bread, water, plates, --one plate, lights, little lights, and little candles, and bread, and a table.
-Dec. 8

I just high-fived my husband and said, "We had a day!" -Dec. 9

Silver crushes my snowflake. "It's destroyed," she says. -Dec. 14

Silver: "And God was a baby. When he was born in our car." -Dec. 14



-Dec. 15

Silas, narrating the Bible reading: "And then the bush said that he was the God of Jacob, Isaac, Moses, and some other people..." -Dec. 16

Silver named her toy animals:
Giraffe: "How."
Bird: "Birdies."
Mouse: "Mousies."
Red snake: "Help."
Blue snake: "Helpies. I mean Blueberries. And the red snake is Red Blueberries."
-Dec. 17

Silver calls a flashlight a "FRUFF RIGHT." 

"This side (of the bed) is kinda fall-ish-y." -Silver, Dec 18 

Silver was singing "Deep Cries Out" (Bethel Music) this morning when she woke up. Then she slipped off the bed holding her blanket around her, dropped to the floor, and said, "I'm just a worm. That slugs and slugs and slugs. And some people get on me." -Dec. 19
Me: Wow, this Burger King coupon page says you can save over $130. Hah! I mean, if you went to Burger King every day and used these coupons, you'd be like, hey! We saved $130 on our BK bill this month!
Sparrow: If you went to Burger King every day you'd be dead.-Dec. 20

Silver calls ornaments "ardavents." -Dec. 22

Headline just seen in beauty section: "Rock the No Makeup look with ease." -Dec. 27



No comments: