Sunday, January 22, 2023

The Funnies ~ Jan, Feb, March 2018

"Mom, my eyes ripped out." -Silver, age almost-3, Jan 2

"Mom, my blood is better." -Silver, Jan. 2

Current form of being naughty: leaving a sink full of dishes. Goodnight world! -Jan. 7

Sparrow: "Come on, it's not even cold, it's like 50 degrees outside." (It was 42.) -Jan. 8

Sorry, slight delay bc my 9yo managed to drop a BOWL of SALSA on her toe and fall into a million pieces for while in pain. Her foot looked so tasty. -Jan. 8

Silver: "The devil is coming to town."
Pippa (age 5): "No, he's not, Silver! The devil tries to destroy our lives! He used to be an angel, but now he's the devil because he wanted to be God." -Jan. 15

The other night Silver was going to sleep in my bed, as Thomas was gone. I tickled her and was being silly , and after laughing her sweet, high laugh, she sighed and said, "Oh, Mama." -circa Jan. 20

On another sleeping night, there were too many people in my bed and I must have been grumbling early in the morning. And Silver said, "You can use my blankie, Mama." -Jan. 25

In school today, we started reading a summary of "A Comedy of Errors" before launching into the real thing. Just at the part where the family is shipwrecked, Silas, 7, says, "This is like a cross between The Parent Trap and Swiss Family Robinson." ðŸ˜‚
- Jan. 24

The other night we were getting out of the car, and Silver was gathering all her things, but she kept looking around and saying, "I lost the cheek!" I was confused and asked her to describe it to me, and she said, "Um, it was white, and fluffy, you know, the cheek!" I looked in the car and found something like a cotton ball. It was a little pom pom CHICK. Hahahah! -Jan. 24

Silver, watching me feed Blaise, said, "Mama, when I was Blaise's age, you used to feed me in that chair. But now I'm growing so fast." Then she went back into the room where Dad was doing devotions with the children and came out again with a sad pout: "They read without me!" Me: "Oh? What were they reading?" Silver: ... "Jasmine 2. In Daddy's Bible." -Jan. 26

Silver: Pippa's stinky feet were on me!
Me: I don't think those were Pippa's, they they were probably Golden's and you don't know if they're stinky. They probably smell like lavender.
Silver: Or chocolate. Or caramel.
-Jan. 26

Looking at the Maisy book, she says, "I don't want his name to be Cyril. I want it to be Johnson." -Silver, Jan. 26

"I heared a cloud popped." -Silver, after learning that the sound she heard on the window at night was rain. -Jan. 28

Silver: "When I was an elephant, I used to spray ice. At Oliver." -Jan. 28

Pip: I'm gonna be a store worker when I grow up. Cause they get lots of $.
Silver: Mhm. I'm gonna be Darth Vader when I grow up. -Feb. 1

Silver: "It's not quite morningly." -Feb. 12

Silver: "Mama, this got stuck, but I unstucked it." -Feb. 13

I took my socks off, and my winter toes were all wrinkly underneath. Silver: "Oh Mama! Your toes are all dried off!" -Feb. 19

Silver, pinching my thighs one evening: "My head is bigger than your butt." -Feb. 25

Silver: "I don't want a car for my birthday anymore. I want a giraffe. With pink glasses."
Me: "Where did you see that?"
Silver: (thinks for a long while) "...In Virginia." -Feb. 25

Me, repeating a Bible verse in German: “Die Füchse haben ihren Bau.“ 
Golden: “Mom’s speaking in tongues again.” -Feb. 25

Silver referred to a gila monster as a "kalla-minster." -Feb. 27 

Silver: "I dreamt about a thinginator. And the thinginator was shooting Dorises." -Feb. 28

Silver, looking at a photo: "That is you, jiggling with Blaise." -Feb. 28

Silver: "I have a red one right here. On my knee."
Me: "An owie?"
Silver: "No. A stomach ache." -March 6

Silver, sinking between the couch cushions: " I'm an upside down turtle." -March 6

Started a quick list of afternoon stuff I need to get done... "-Office time -Make Pizza -Go pee "-March 12

Silver: “Aw, Poor Bird’s leg! ...Someone prob’ly chewed it off.” 


Then, in same book, seeing a picture of a sun with a face, "Mama, that's the devil." -March 14

Me, talking to the British-man automated voice on my phone: "Thank you, Jeeves."
Silver: "Hahaha! You called him Jeeves!" -March 15

Golden, to Sparrow: You have a cute face. 
Sparrow: Thanks! And your face is obtuse. -March 16.

I bought Pippa a notebook. And she already taught herself to spell something super important: "OB1KNOB" -March 19 #starwarspeople

Silver farted loudly in the morning. 
Blaise (almost 1 year old): "Pthpthpthpth!!!" -March 26

Thomas and Silver talking about his childhood:
Thomas: "My parents didn't really understand me."
Silver: "Yeah. My parents didn't really understand me either." -March 28

Thomas: "Hey Silver, come here! I need to see your face."
Silver: "No thanks." -March 30
.
1 benefit of mom brain: participating in an egg hunt for which you yourself were the hider: cause you already forgot where you put them. -March 31


No comments: